The University of The West Indies School Of Clinical Medicine and Research, The Ministry of Health, The Public Hospitals Authority, University of The Bahamas and Elsevier have partnered to facilitate the Elsevier Author/Reviewer Workshop.We would like to invite physicians, nurses and allied health professionals. This event is approved for a maximum of five (5) CME credits and will be take place in Nassau at the University of The Bahamas and in Freeport at The Rand Memorial Hospital, November 16-18, 2016. Please note the program overview below.
We are only able to accommodate 135 persons on each campus, so please register as soon as possible. To register please scroll down, click "Elsevier Author and Reviewer Workshop Nassau Conference Portal" or "Elsevier Author and Reviewer Workshop Freeport Conference Portal Conference", enter the code you have received via email and complete the registration survey.
The workshop fee of $50.00 is payable on site.
Please view the Registration Video Tutorial for further details.
- To increase the number of persons interested in publishing
- To increase the number of healthcare providers involved in
collaborative research around topics of national importance
- To identify a group of mentors/researchers willing to be trained to ensure a continued/sustainable engagement and commitment to research for National Development
16th November, 2016 - Nassau
- Workshop opening and reception 6pm, Harry C. Moore Library
17th November, 2016 - Nassau
- Registration 8:00am-8:30am
- Author Workshop 8:30am-12:00pm
- Lunch break: 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Reviewer Workshop 1:00pm-3:45pm
- Wrap Up session (with Core Planning Team) 4:00pm-4:30pm
18th November, 2016 – Grand Bahama, The Rand
- Courtesy Meeting 8:30am
- Author/Reviewer Session 9:30pm-1:00pm
- Our Author Workshop 9:30-1:00pm
- Lunch Break 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Reviewer Workshop 2:15pm-4:00pm
- Wrap up Session ( with Core GBHS Team) 4:15-4:45pm