Normal and Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
December 3, 2020
1. Describe the hormonal influences and patterns of the normal menstrual cycle.
2. Define the various terms used to describe the characteristics and timing of abnormal uterine bleeding, and the significance of whether the bleeding is ovulatory or anovulatory.
3. List the multitude of possible etiologies of abnormal uterine bleeding, (Palm Coein) and develop an organized approach to assessment and diagnosis, (history, physical, labs), and whenreferral to a physician is required for assessment and diagnosis.
4. Briefly describe the treatments for various categories of abnormal uterine bleeding that the nurse-practitioner can initiate, and when referral to a physician is indicated for further diagnostic work-up and treatment
November 5, 2020
Ovarian Masses in Pregnancy – Knowles/Minnis/Sealy Team D
1. Review the incidence of ovarian masses in pregnancy
2. Describe the evaluation
3. Discuss the differential diagnosis
4. Determine to management (Surgery vs Conservative)
5. Outline the steps to minimize fetal loss
February 28, 2020
PROMPT (PRactical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training) is a multi-professional obstetric emergencies training package that has been developed by PMF for use in local maternity units with the aim of reducing preventable harm to mothers and their babies. This training consists of interactive drills and workshops that provide “hands-on” experience of practical skills and decision-making in simulated obstetric emergency situations.